Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nemo6xc, bcountry, Ryan Furman, nick b, Eric
105 Registered Users
Topic Options
#12585 - 02/09/18 10:09 PM 2-10x32 Vortex Viper PST Gen 2
Niles Coyote Offline
veteran

Loc: S.W. Michigan
In my quest to find the perfect optic for Michigan deer hunting. This last season I used a 1-8x Trijicon. While that is a great scope, I found myself using 2-3x mostly while in my blind and when at the range zeroing and just playing around I'd find myself wishing it had a little more power at the top end.

With that in mind I picked this bad boy up recently.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...-4-mrad-reticle

We are in the middle of a snow storm today... Conditions suck for a comparison. But I can tell the Nightforce is slightly better than the PST... but its is definitely better than my swfa 5-20 at 10x and my Bushnell 3.5-21x DMR. In person I couldn't see an chromatic aberration with the PST but if you look closely in the blown up Pic's the camera does show the NF as the clear winner, not that I was expecting the PST to beat it. wink

PST @10x

The fence is about 50 and the recycling bin is about 100 yards

ATACR 4-16x42 @10x

Using my Leupold boresight which has a grid in inches I compared all three scopes over 10 mils and the PST tracked true.

The illumination doesn't go quite as low as my Trijicon 1-8x but it isn't bad at its lowest setting.

Now here's something interesting, with the PST at 2 power it has a wider field of view than both the swfa 1-4x and Trijicon 1-8x with both set at 2 power.

Next I'll have to see how it handles lowlight that I will encounter in the woods while deer hunting. But I'll need to wait for the Snow to melt to do that.

So far I am happily impressed with this scope.

#12586 - 02/11/18 07:08 AM Re: 2-10x32 Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 [Re: Niles Coyote]
Cinch Offline
veteran

Loc: Wyoming
Will be interesting to see how it does once you get some time behind it...

Shout Box